Sunday, December 14, 2008

FINALLY!! TRADITIONS

I'm sure most of you feel the same way as I do that time is passing too quickly. I can't believe Christmas is a week and a half away. Needless to say I've gotten a bit behind in my blogging. So the next few posts will be an attempt at getting back on track.

Rewind to almost 3 weeks ago to Thanksgiving weekend...

First off I must say it was a fabulous weekend. Mike actually had Thanksgiving off! Wahoo! 

TRADITIONS:

#1 Turkey Trot
The annual must run Turkey Trot. This year Mike didn't join me in running the Turkey Trot, but I was joined by two of my favorite running buddies, Lindsey and Lauren. Even though Mike didn't run the race he still came to cheer us on at the finish line. He's the best. The race was fun and made the food taste oh so much better later that day.

BEFORE                                        DURING                                   AFTER

#2 BINGO at Grandma Wynn's House
The day after Thanksgiving we always go to my Grandma's house for Prime Rib and Bingo. Seriously what could be better? We've had to miss this tradition the last few years since being in Chicago, so we were so glad to be back in the festivities this year.  It's great to be with all of my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. Bingo gets pretty intense, it gets competitive with all of the cousins but this year Mike and I came out big with excellent prizes. 
Our winning game boards        Anxiously awaiting the      Enjoying our time together
 right number to be called

#3 BOWLING with the Walkers
The Walker family has a tradition of going Bowling Thanksgiving weekend. It's a big deal. Teams are created, scores are kept and prizes are awarded.  We had all of the family together. It was awesome. I was so pleased to get over 100 the first round of bowling. Pathetic I know. 

Mike with his sister Stephanie         Excellent release By Mike       Loving our time together
              
#4 A new tradition....ROCKBAND with the family
What is a holiday without a little Rockband? The Erickson's (Mike's sister's family) had never played Rockband before and I must say they were naturals!  There was singing, dancing and excellent playing.  Good times. 

                                                                                                 
That's it for our Thanksgiving weekend. Look forward to the next post coming in the next few days....A surprise visit from Amanda! 

13 comments:

katherine said...

loved the update sis! you are lucky to be apart of 2 great families! i love all of mike's traditions! and way to go on the bowling! you are great!

Lacey said...

wow isn't it crazy how fast time goes! oh man. thanks for cmplimenting my hair and photo, you're so nice. I will be at lindsey's party hopefully you will be there too! i love all of your pictures and fun traditions!

Anonymous said...

This has been a very hectic time for all of us! We put our tree up right after Thanksgiving and Maddy has been ALL about Santa. She's having a great time! Looks like you've been having a blast, too!

Marc

Bobbi said...

I agree with Kat. You are lucky to have two super families and we are lucky to have the two of you! Bingo was fun and I agree it did get a little intense....a little friendly competition never hurt anyone:)

The Close's Place said...

Friend, friend, I miss you so much, friend, friend, I like you such.... :) It's a spontaneous song I was just inspired to write you.

Jen Vincent said...

Fun!!! I was just looking at a family tradition on Kathy's page. The holidays are so much fun! I like the bowling and the bingo idea!!!! I have never done a Turkey Trot...maybe some day. I took a break from blogging for a while, too, I think it's a good thing.

You two look so cute by the way, I know it's sucks that Mike's sooo busy all the time, but doesn't it make you truly appreciate even more the time that you do have together?

Kathy Lou said...

I love the BINGO idea! I wonder if it would go over with Marc's family... hmmm... maybe with the right prizes.

{littlefam} said...

that turkey trot was fun for sure! can't wait to see you guys on saturday!

emily said...

i just wanna remind you how excited i was when i won bingo for the first time. oh that was great. love ya sis.

Allison said...

I love your blog Laura. When I read it I always think to myself, "I wish I could be more like Laura"

Sara said...

oh i so miss bingo and gingerbreads!!! and how fun to surprise your fam with amanda!

lauren ann said...

You would think I just finished running 100 miles with that look of pure exhaust in the middle pic.... and did you notice that the 50 yr old & 5 yr old are kicking our trash....So sad. There is always next year :) Love the update

Nick Scott Family said...

Looks like fun! We missed you guys the other night. Let's hang out soon!! Merry Christmas Mike & Laura!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails